Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

At the Movies - With Tim Pawlenty

Pawlenty was on Matt Lauer this morning.
He appears to have been watching movies lately – movies about a Democratic president.  Probably didn’t like the movie (which I love and have seen at least 10 times)  – but it appears he “loved the verbiage”.
PAWLENTY: Well, I'm not running for entertainer-in-chief. These are serious times and they need serious people with serious solutions. So if you're looking for the loudest or a comedian in the race, vote for somebody else. But I'll bring the solutions forward that will actually fix the country.

And my response back to Pawlenty (Bob Rumson) is from Democratic President Andrew Shepherd - in the movie – “The American President
“We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections.
We've got serious problems, and we need serious people, and if you want to talk about character, Bob, you'd better come at me with more than a burning flag and a membership card. If you want to talk about character and American values, fine. Just tell me where and when, and I'll show up. This is a time for serious people, Bob, and your fifteen minutes are up. My name is Andrew Shepherd, and I *am* the President.”

No comments:

Post a Comment