Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Speed Traps - I'll Help you, If You Help me

I'm a speeder - I admit it -


I use to live in the backwoods of Pennsylvania for awhile.

Back there, on the major freeway, the highway patrol use to set up empty cop cars with blow up dummies in the drivers seat to try to and slow down traffic on the major freeway.

One night while in a local bar I was talking about this "ruse" with the bartender and he shared this local custom with me - a local custom from the backwoods of PA that I would like to see go nationwide.

When you see a cop parked on the side of the road.
After that
any oncoming  traffic you meet for the next 1/2 - 1 mile - 
flick you lights from dims to brights three times to let them know that there is a cop ahead.

The backwoods of Pennsylvania looked out for each other with this signal  and I think it is time we all looked out for each other across the US with the same signal.

I can't afford a speeding ticket - can you?

I'll help you - will you help me.  Will you help me????

No comments:

Post a Comment