Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Good On You - Laura Libby - Crystal MN

Laura is running for City Council and this is what she had to say about ALEC on her webpage:
This issue is of great concern to me, as I believe it is destroying our democracy, of government by and for the people.  This is clearly making our country by and for the corporations.  If elected, I would refuse to vote for ALEC legislation at any point that I come across it.
For those of you who unaware - ALEC members are found at the state, county and city/township level.

Who wouldn't want to go to a fancy resort - that they can't afford - on a full scholarship - paid for by ALEC corporate lobbyists, oops I mean representatives?

Know who is representing you - and who wants to represent you.

Be sure they will be representatives of, by, and for the people.
NOT ALEC representatives of, by, and for the corporations.

No comments:

Post a Comment