Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Immigration - The "Divisive Fences"

Being the daughter of immigrants - my grandparents and mother came from somewhere else outside the United States - I am always perplexed by the Republican ideas and ALEC legislation regarding immigrants.

Every once in awhile I want to put a piece of paper on the back of my car that says:
             Product of immigrants - please ask me for my papers.
I just can't get my head around Republican idea of immigrants being less than - illegal or otherwise.

Aren't every single one of us, immigrants? None of us - including the American Indian -  magically sprouted from the US soil - as the first inhabitants -  here in the continental United States.  Some of the people here in the US have just been here longer.

Anway - I'm a Moyers watcher.
I just watched this program.

I went looking for snips on the web and found the whole 56 minutes on Common Dreams.

This is an amazing program - an absolutely amazing program.  It will shock you and cause you to very thoughtful, when it is done.  It is an excellent piece of journalism.

Grab a cup of coffee, a bowl of popcorn and watch it online - you will not regret it.

You can get to this amazing program  >>>>>HERE<<<<<

No comments:

Post a Comment