Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Is Comcast Stealing Your Bandwidth?

That's a good question
and you should think about it very seriously especially as more and more things become internet dependent.

Case in point.

I hold down a full time job.
The only time I am at home during the day is when I am sick.

In the past year, I have been home sick 2 days.
On BOTH of those days - at 8am - my internet bandwidth basically disappeared at my home.

This leads me to believe that Comcast was re-routing the bandwidth to their business customers and away from residential customers during the day.

At night - I can have multiple livestreams, social media sites and webpages open and running at the same time.

Today - during the day, I can't tweet and livestream Democracy Now at the same time.
I complained about this in a tweet and I had multiple people come back with replies that the same thing happens to them.

Think about it.
When Comcast says "up to 50 Mbps" - they evidently mean
residential customers can expect way less that that - during the day.

I am concerned about this - cause next year I will be home during the day ON A REGULAR basis, which means I will have horseshit bandwidth every day, during business hours.

Comcast - a piece of shit internet provider - that some of us are forced to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment